- Avoid using so much pressure that grinder speed is reduced.
- Maximize the area of contact with the workpiece to improve finish.
- Avoid contact between workpiece and the shank of a bur.
- Replace dull burs with a new or resharpened tool before it becomes damaged.
- Periodically dipping the bur in a wax is a common method to improve performance.
- For long shanks burs, make sure bur is engaged with workpiece before spinning to avoid bending the shank.
- Check die grinder air pressure, fittings, and seals often to ensure maximum power and RPM.
- Correct speeds are vital to achieve desired finish and removal rates.Â Refer to Bur Speeds & Usage data in this technical section
World Class Manufacturer of
Rotary Cutting Tools
Mastercut Tool Corp. (c) 2020